Coffee And Twitter For Business: My Twitter PR Pitch Lost In The Snow

It takes a lot to convince people who know nothing about social media to hop onto the band wagon. I was meeting with a client one blistery afternoon for some coffee, hoping to sway him to use an account with Twitter for business use. I thought about the pitch of Twitter PR that I had been working on for weeks now and was confident in its potential. I was convinced that using Twitter for business was a wise decision but this client was from an age where computers were science fiction and swaying his opinion was going to prove difficult.

As I entered the coffee bar, I sat down at my usual seat across from the counter and gave Michelle the nod implying I wanted my regular espresso drink and held up four fingers for an extra boost; I was going to need it. I unpacked my notes on Twitter PR and the outline on Twitter for business purposes and skimmed my notes to refresh myself before the client arrived. I have been in marketing for many years now and just incorporated social media into my firm. When I see an opening to make money I go for it and social media was going to be a gold mine.

The client I was meeting was the president of a pogo stick company and his numbers were not doing well. I could see this client of mine falling through the cracks and I liked the guy too much to let him fall flat on his face, even if he never paid on time and was tightfisted. The client has never touched a computer let alone used one and when I say a social media site he thinks I am talking about a newspaper frame. Twitter PR has proved to work wonders for my marketing business and I have no doubts using Twitter for business. Each and every client at the tip of your fingers tweeting about your victory to friends and potential clients each second of the day is what Twitter PR has to offer.

A wave of cold air rushed into the cafe, a slight drift of dirty snow made coffee colored slush on the doormat as my client scampered in from the cold. He was bundled up except for his globular nose and his gray hair peeke! d out fr om under his black fedora. He unpacked himself and placed himself in front of me. As he sat down the words of Facebook PR danced inside my mind and the axiom “Twitter for business” slid on the tip of my tongue, ready to spill out before him. The waitress came by and took my client’s order and quickly left to bring us our drinks. After a second we drank from our steaming cups and exchanged holiday cheer and complaints about the arctic weather forced upon us.

I could not contain myself any further and had to get Twitter PR out of my mind and plant it into his. As I began to speak about using Twitter for business, the client stopped me and thanked me for my concern in his marketing campaign. My client told me of his plans to stop working and close down the business; he had no desire to continue the game any longer and was going to take his winnings and leave the gambling to the upcoming youth of the new business world. He dropped me an envelope and told me to open it after he left and thanked me for all the hard work. I thanked him in return and did as he asked, watching him fade away into the snowy air. Inside the envelope was a check for his last payment and an email address; irony at its best don’t you think?

So, do you think you would like to find out more about how to use Twitter for business? Do you think you would like to find out more about Twitter PR? go to fishbat.com to find out more!. Unique version for reprint here: Coffee And Twitter For Business: My Twitter PR Pitch Lost In The Snow.

Related Articles:

PANL May See Lift From Smartphone OLEDs, Says Avondale

Arabian American Development Company - NASDAQ:ARSD

Tags: OLED ,PANL ,Top Pe! rforming Internet Stocks ,Top Performing Stocks of 2014 ,Top Performing Stocks To Buy For 2014 ,Top Dividend Stocks 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment