How Long Does It Take to Make Money As a Mystery Shopper?

Mystery shopping can be a fun way to get free cash for giving your opinion on a product or service. Mystery shopping can be even more fun if you have a good understanding of how and when you will get paid.

I became a mystery shopper and online survey taker because I made a promise to my readers that whatever strategy or product I recommended, I would either do extensive research OR I would personally try that strategy myself to see if it was really possible to make money from it.

I think by writing about strategies I have first hand experiences with, it allows me to give you a better idea of what works and what does not. Actually, I have also been learning about some interesting things in the process.

What I learned

I initially thought that the way to do a shop was that you had to go to a store, purchase something (food, membership, oil change etc) and then write a report about your experience.

I recently found two pretty cool things about being a mystery shopper

1 – You can do phone mystery shops

I completed my first phone assignment in December of 2011 and all I had to do was call two housing communities and ask them about their incentives.

The cool part about this is that the mystery shop service connected the call and recorded everything, so I did not even have to write a report afterwards. Definitely one of the easiest and fastest ways I’ve ever made money.

2 – You can do mystery shops without buying anything

I receive e-mails all the time about observation shops. With the observation shop, no purchase is necessary and all that is required is that I go to the store and observe certain things like how clean the place is, how long the wait times are, and if I was comfortable with the experience.

I plan to sign up for some observation shops soon. But, let’s get to the money making part, the real fun part.

How to earn money

You will earn money after you submit your report on the mystery shop and the report is reviewed and approved by the mystery shop company. In the case of my phone shop, as soon as i was finished with the phone call, I answered a few questions about my experience, and then my report was submitted for review.

Note: mystery shop reports are usually due within 24hrs after you complete actual shop. I guess they don’t want you to forget important details.

When you get paid

If your review is accepted, you will get paid per the payment conditions of that particular mystery shop. I use the word “particular” because it seems each mystery shop is different.

I have seen mystery shops promising to pay within 7 days and some as long as 45 days. The phone shop that I did had a payment term of 45 days from the date of approval, but it was very easy so I did it anyway.

Also, I’m just testing out different strategies now before I get a list of what to look for and what not to look for.

So, don’t forget that earning the money and actually getting paid are two different things. also keep in mind that mystery shops with the same company might have different payment terms.

Dale Poyser has been investing for over a decade and has done meticulous research on how to build wealth. His primary focus is on strategies that can create low risk residual streams of income.

Not only does Dale personally practice the methods he writes about, he has also coached many others in these methods to show how easy it is to make money with passive residual streams of income. You can read more about Dale’s strategies at http://bestresidualincomestrategies.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment